Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2018/12/09 20:40:39 UTC

IBM JDK bug report

Hi *,

I have a small test case to proof a problem in the IBM JCE implementation - namely they don't reset the cipher on doFinal() for the RC4 algorithm.
This is one of the (encryption) reasons the IBM JDK build doesn't work.

I've tried to create a thread at the forum [1], which seems their way of filing bugs.
But as soon as I sign-up, my forum sessions crashes - of course I've tried different browsers/clearing my cookies.

Has anyone a contact at IBM to sent them the problem via email?

In the meantime I've changed our implementation (successfully/locally) to force the reset of the cipher for the IBM JCE.

Andi

[1] https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000367