Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dan Connolly <dc...@home.com> on 2000/11/20 00:44:08 UTC

general/6866: wont start httpsd due to locking problems(?)

>Number:         6866
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       wont start httpsd due to locking problems(?)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
Output from uname -a:
Linux plateholder.com 2.2.14-5.0 #1 Tue Mar 7 20:53:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

Operating system is Red Hat Linux 6.2 with Apache SSL server
When trying to start httpsd(/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpsd start) it asks for the PEM pass phrase and when entered says [OK]
When trying to stop httpsd (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpsd stop) it says [FAILED]
After starting and getting the status the script says "httpsd dead but subsys locked"
After starting the server and trying to view the website it wont come up as we are
unalbe to connect to the server on port 80 from any other computers.
>How-To-Repeat:
Stop and start the httpsd server using a config file that listens on multiple ports?
>Fix:
No
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]