Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Reza <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/07/16 04:25:15 UTC

Re: release script

Nice, just ran the script, everything checked out (minus the filenames in the checksums).

Regarding the md5 and sha1 filenames, so my release script is using plain md5sum and sha1sum which includes the filename. How are you generating the release? Can you check that script in too? This way we can standardize.

Projects seem to vary in the md5 used:

https://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.54/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.54.tar.gz.md5

http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/apache-ant-1.9.4-bin.zip.md5

________________________________
Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 4:25 AM, Reza <re...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> ...Regarding the md5 and sha1 filenames, so my release script is using
> plain md5sum and sha1sum which includes the filename...

IMO it would be better to use the Maven release plugins going forward,
at least for the java stuff.

That's what we do in Sling (which does very frequent releases of many
modules) and combined with the staging features of
repository.apache.org that's really useful.

http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html
has more info and the Sling parent pom is at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/parent/pom.xml

I wasn't much involved in setting that up but IIRC the key is using
the org.apache:apache:14 pom as the parent of the parent pom to enable
the repository.apache.org staging.

-Bertrand