Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Birot, Stephane" <st...@eds.com> on 2004/08/26 16:34:05 UTC

Getting content of cookie

Hello,

I want to test an application using XML over HTTP.
The client connect to a first server that send back a cookie. Then the
client connect to a second server and send it the cookie received by the
first server. Is it possible with jmeter to store the cookie received by the
first server somewhere (in a file or a variable), and then send it to the
second server ?

---
Stéphane Birot

Re: Getting content of cookie

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
if you have your test plan setup this way, it should work

testplan
  - thread group
    - cookie manager
    - request to first server
    - request to second server

I haven't verified this, but the cookie manager should add the cookie
to the second sampler. Since JMeter doesn't actually obey cookie
domain like a real browser. As far as I know, it doesn't, which
doesn't mean I'm right.

if you want cross server or cross site cookies, you have to make sure
the cookie's domain is set properly from your web application.

peter