Posted to user@poi.apache.org by su...@wipro.com on 2006/09/12 17:29:15 UTC

couldnot add rows to the existing excel sheet.

Hi all,

I have a requirement of modifying an existing excel file, I have tried
to do that

1. I could read from one excel (abc.xls) and write into empty excel
(empty.xls),

2. write into other existing excel(existing.xls),

3 insert new sheets into abc.xls and write into that sheet i.e.
inserting new rows and cells,

4 but I couldnot able to modify the existing sheet i.e. I want to add
some more rows to the existing sheet only.  It wont throw any exceptions
but it will simply ignore new rows added to the hssfsheet object.

I found one link with caption "Reading or modifying an existing file"

In  http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/how-to.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/how-to.html>  page but it is landing
in an exception page.  I humbly request jakarta.apache guys to restore
this page.

I invite any suggestions from the userlist

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

________________________________

Sunil Kumar Dhage

Senior Software Engineer

Wipro Technologies, Hyderabad

(O)  040-39180456

(M) 98 66 77 5757

sunilkumar.dhage@wipro.com <ma...@wipro.com>

"May everyone be happy"

www.wipro.com

Re: couldnot add rows to the existing excel sheet.

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
Nope, I can confirm that the how-to page is up and running right now.