Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/05/10 23:47:06 UTC

How to upgrade a current work?

Hi again!

I know, I am asking too much things here! But I cannot help myself ;)

I am currently using the CVS version of Forrest. When the CVS changes. I
want to changes too. But

How to upgrade the current developed work?

I tought it must be:

1. Download the changes from the CVS,
2. Rebuild Forrest as usual,
3. run "forrest" command to apply the changes to your work.

Is this correct?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: How to upgrade a current work?

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 03:47:06PM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> I know, I am asking too much things here! But I cannot help myself ;)
>
> I am currently using the CVS version of Forrest. When the CVS changes. I
> want to changes too. But
>
> How to upgrade the current developed work?
>
> I tought it must be:
>
> 1. Download the changes from the CVS,
> 2. Rebuild Forrest as usual,
> 3. run "forrest" command to apply the changes to your work.
>
> Is this correct?

Yes, that should work.  If in doubt, delete the build/* directories
before re-running Forrest.

--Jeff

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
on 5/10/03 14:47, Antonio Gallardo at agallardo@agsoftware.dnsalias.com
wrote:

> 1. Download the changes from the CVS,
> 2. Rebuild Forrest as usual,
> 3. run "forrest" command to apply the changes to your work.

4. Fix any problems that may appear because Forrest changed; repeat step 3.

S.

--
sander@temme.net                          http://www.temme.net/sander/
   PGP Fingerprint: 51B4 8727 466A 0BC3 69F4  B7B8 B2BE BC40 1529 24AF