Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com> on 2006/08/09 18:06:52 UTC

Missing name and url in artifacts from central

I guess I can't be the first person to moan about this, but there are a *lot*
of artifacts in the central repo that have no name or url  information in
their pom (nevermind description, or license).  Examples include some "big
names" - this is from my dependencies report:

Unnamed - fop:fop:jar:0.20.5
Unnamed - ant:ant:jar:1.6.5
Unnamed - tapestry:tapestry:jar:4.0.1

... the list goes on (37 in my project).

Am I just getting them from the wrong repository?  I don't think so, but let
me know if anyone has any success getting better poms for some of these
projects.

Is there some way for me to provide the missing information locally without
interfering with the way the repo works?  I thought maybe if I put the
it doesn't.

Re: Missing name and url in artifacts from central

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The best method would be to contact the various projects and request
that they update their poms in their own code repository.

If you file these as JIRA MEV issues and someone updates the poms, the
changes will be lost in the next version released by the project -- ie
someone applies a fix to fop 0.20.5 but then fop releases 0.20.6 which
of course is missing url and name. Best to fix these problems at the
source.

Wayne