Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "Sambit Tripathy (RBEI/PJ-NBS)" <Sa...@in.bosch.com> on 2014/09/26 00:06:28 UTC

Sqoop connector configuration

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my cluster to CDH 5.1 and Sqoop2.

My Sqoop 2 server is "sqoop-server-main"

1. On "sqoop-server-main"  I have copied "ojdbc6.jar" and "mysql-connector-java-version-bin.jar" to /var/lib/sqoop2/

2. Restarted the Sqoop2 service

3. To verify I logged in to "sqoop-server-main" and typed "sqoop2" to get into the sqoop shell which worked.

4. Now to see the available connectors I typed "show connector --all"

I get

1 connector(s) to show:
Connector with id 1:
  Name: generic-jdbc-connector
 Class: org.apache.sqoop.connector.jdbc.GenericJdbcConnector
  Version: 1.99.3-cdh5.1.0

I am not able to figure out what has gone wrong here! I should see both oracle and mysql connectors along with the generic-jdbc-driver.

Are there any config changes required? As I understand in Sqoop 2 the connectors/drivers should be present on the server in contrast with Sqoop 1

I always appreciate your suggestions and pointers.

Regards,
Sambit.

RE: Sqoop connector configuration

Posted by "Sambit Tripathy (RBEI/PJ-NBS)" <Sa...@in.bosch.com>.
Many thanks Gwen and Abey.

Sqoop2 does not have specific connectors for Oracle and Netezza yet.
Its not you, its us :)

Suggestions:
1. Use Sqoop2 with the generic JDBC connector
2. Use Sqoop 1.4.X with the Oracle and Netezza connectors.

Gwen

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.
I don't think Sqoop needs exec. priviliges on jars... just read permission.

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.
Hey there,