Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jon Bendtsen <jb...@laerdal.dk> on 2008/09/15 09:39:48 UTC

mailer.py errors

Hi

I have some trouble with my subversion setup and mailer.py

Debian etch

ii  libapache2-svn                1.4.2dfsg1-2~bpo.
1                    Subversion server modules for Apache
ii  libsvn0                       1.4.2dfsg1-2~bpo.
1                    Shared libraries used by Subversion
ii  libsvn1
1.4.2dfsg1-2                          Shared libraries used by
Subversion
ii  libsvncpp0
0.7.0-2                               Subversion C++ shared library
ii  python-subversion
1.4.2dfsg1-2                          Python bindings for Subversion
ii  subversion
1.4.2dfsg1-2                          Advanced version control system
ii  subversion-tools
1.4.2dfsg1-2                          Assorted tools related to
Subversion
ii  websvn
1.61-20                               interface for subversion
repositories writte
rc  mod-dav-svn
1.2.1-2                               Apache server module for
Subversion server.
rc  subversion-perl
1.2.1-2                               Allows Perl scripts to directly
use Subversi
rc  subversion-python
1.2.1-2                               Allows Python scripts to
directly use Subver

ii  python
2.4.4-2                               An interactive high-level object-
oriented la
ii  python-central
0.5.12                                register and build utility for
Python packag
ii  python-minimal
2.4.4-2                               A minimal subset of the Python
language (def
ii  python-subversion
1.4.2dfsg1-2                          Python bindings for Subversion
ii  python-support
0.5.6                                 automated rebuilding support for
python modu
rc  python2.3
2.3.5-3sarge2                         An interactive high-level object-
oriented la
ii  python2.4
2.4.4-3+etch1                         An interactive high-level object-
oriented la
ii  python2.4-minimal
2.4.4-3+etch1                         A minimal subset of the Python
language (ver
rc  subversion-python
1.2.1-2                               Allows Python scripts to
directly use Subver

For a long time i used revision 14358 of mailer.py, but sometimes it
does not include the diff even if the diff is supposed to be there.
The rest of the email comes, but the diff is left out.

I tried to upgrade to revision 22031 and 21695, but when i run these i
get this error on stderr

frodo:~/mailerpy# ./r22031 commit /data/svn 20810 /root/mailerpy/
mailer.conf
Group: All
Subject: r20810 - beethoven/trunk/debrief sophus/trunk/debrief

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./r22031", line 1850, in ?
     sys.argv[3:3+expected_args])
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/svn/core.py", line 217, in
run_app
     return apply(func, (_core.application_pool,) + args, kw)
   File "./r22031", line 95, in main
     messenger.generate()
   File "./r22031", line 410, in generate
     group, params, paths, subpool)
   File "./r22031", line 751, in generate_content
     added_data=generate_list('A', changelist, paths, True),
   File "./r22031", line 783, in generate_list
     if selection(change) and paths.has_key(path) == in_paths:
   File "./r22031", line 773, in <lambda>
     selection = lambda change: change.action ==
svn.repos.CHANGE_ACTION_ADD
AttributeError: ChangedPath instance has no attribute 'action'

When i run with the r14358, i get the diff to stdout.

How do i get to run the later revisions of mailer.py?

I can not upgrade to subversion 1.5 because it needs apache2.2 and i
can not upgrade to apache2.2 because i need auth pam, or a modified
authLDAP that can support asking at multiple paths inside a LDAP server.

JonB

Re: mailer.py errors

Posted by Jon Bendtsen <jb...@laerdal.dk>.
On 15/09/2008, at 12.58, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2008, at 04:39, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
>
>> I can not upgrade to subversion 1.5 because it needs apache2.2
>
> I think that's false. I take as evidence:
>
> 1. The only place in the Subversion 1.5 release notes where Apache
> 2.2 is mentioned as a requirement is in reference to the WebDAV
> transparent write-through proxy feature. If you don't plan to use
> that feature, you don't need Apache 2.2; 2.0 should be fine.
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.5_releasenotes.html
>
> 2. The Subversion web site provides binaries of Subversion 1.5 that
> work with Apache 2.0:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91
>
> Therefore, I recommend upgrading to Subversion 1.5.2.

Great, i will try that. I was just seeing that debian didnt have any
1.5 packages for Etch and thus noone for apache 2.0.

But if i can get them elsewhere i will try those. Except that those
you link to seem to be windows packages?

And the debian packages seem to link to the official debian website.

I suppose i can try the debian testing subversion packages.

JonB

Re: mailer.py errors

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Re: mailer.py errors

Posted by Jon Bendtsen <jb...@laerdal.dk>.
I did some more testing. The first column is echo $?, the second
column is the revision number that was run.

0 14443
0 14444
0 14449
0 14838