Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Brett G. Palmer" <pb...@qwest.net> on 2001/04/18 07:11:19 UTC

Another bean:iterate question

I've been working on this <bean:iterate ... > problem for some time now.  I
finally had to use a scriplet to get it to work.  I am trying to get a list
of FieldTypes from a record controller (PrimaryServer below) which implement
an AbstractField object (this may be the entire problem ... let me know if
Abstract objects will cause problems).  The controller has a method called
getFieldList which returns an Iterator of these AbstractField objects.  I
then want to get the name of each field using the property getFielName().
The following is a snippet of my Jsp page.  Tomcat always returns with an
error saying it "can't find bean 'field' in scope null".

<logic:iterate id="field" name="PrimaryServer" property="fieldList"
type="com.iic.dbsync.IntField">
property="fieldList"/>
              <bean:write name="field" property="fielName"/> </td>
</logic:iterate>

Here is the scriplet that I wrote to finally get the results that I wanted.

<% Iterator iter = PrimaryServer.getFieldList();
    while( iter.hasNext() ) {
        AbstractField field = (AbstractField) iter.next();
        String fieldName = field.getFieldName();
%>
<%    }
%>

The iterator tag still trips me up from time to time.  If anyone has any
suggestions I would appreciate them.  I have enjoyed reading the previous
postings concerning the iterator tag.

Thanks again,

Brett

Re: radio buttion checked

Posted by Jean-Noel Ribette <je...@improve.fr>.

Your form bean must have a property "fd". If the value of this property is equals to "aValue" the button will be
checked.

Jean-Noel

Posted by Thierry Cools <th...@s1.com>.
This is done by checking the value of your radio tag and the value returned by your getter method.

e.g if you have

if the getXxx method returns "2" the second radio button will be selected.

Thierry

Thierry Cools

Senior Java Developer
S1 Brussels
Kleine Kloosterstraat, 23
1932 st. Stevens-Woluwe
Belgium
Tel : +32 2 200 43 82
Email : thierry.cools@s1.com

radio buttion checked

Re: Another bean:iterate question

Posted by Jim Crossley <jc...@ifleet.com>.
I've received that error before when I forgot to include the taglib
directive for the logic library.  That would prevent the "field" bean
from being created and result in the error you're seeing.