Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Anoop Mohan <An...@microland.com> on 2013/04/19 06:21:03 UTC

F5 LB - Guest VLAN Advanced Zone

Hi Team,

If I want to use external load balancer  F5 , is it mandate to use an
external firewall rather than using VR as Firewall service?

Regards,

Anoop Mohan

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon,this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.
Microland takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free from viruses.
However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date virus checking software.

Re: F5 LB - Guest VLAN Advanced Zone

Posted by murali reddy <mu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Anoop Mohan <An...@microland.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>

> If I want to use external load balancer  F5 , is it mandate to use an
> external firewall rather than using VR as Firewall service?

So there are two deployment models. 'inline' and 'side-by-side'. In inline
case your LB service provider like F5 is configured to be behind firewall.
Where as in 'side-by-side' mode, load balancer device will receive inbound
public traffic directly with out going though the firewall. You can have
a 'side-by-side' combination of VR providing firewall service and F5
providing the load balancing service.

Posted by Anoop Mohan <An...@microland.com>.
Hi venkat,

This is 3.0.6. I have started a new thread in  Citrix forum regarding
the same

Thanks for your help

Posted by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>.
Can you paste the API that was fired from logs? You will see this kind of error only when CIDR specified.

Which version of cloudstack you are using?

createNetwork automatically generates a random unique CIDR in case if there are external devices used for some of the service. Please try creating guest n/w without CIDR and it should solve the issue.

Thanks,
SWAMY

About the error you mentioned here is due to the fact that in the NetworkOffering you selected "source nat type" as 'per zone'. In case of VR providing SNAT service, we only support 'PER account'.

Sent from Samsung tablet

Anoop Mohan <An...@microland.com> wrote:
Hi Sanjeev,

The guest VLANs which need to Integrate to CloudStack  doesn't exist in F5. I'm using BIG-IP 9.4.7.

I'm following below wiki

http://wiki.cloudstack.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=11830811

:PF/Static NAT services should present in the guest network. But I don't see those services in the network you have mentioned.

Yes I created a Network offerings with Static NAT works. Every Time I have to acquire new Public  IP address  and assign to VM's  created under isolated Tenant.

Now Facing below issue.

Add F5 device and enabled.

When I use combination of VR Services and F5 LB Service  as new Network offerings, and try spawning VM's using the same getting below error

2013-04-19 16:43:31,788 ERROR [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher]
(catalina-exec-15:null) Exception while executing
CreateNetworkOfferingCmd:
com.cloud.exception.UnsupportedServiceException: Service SourceNat doesn't support value "perzone" for capability SupportedSourceNatTypes on VirtualRouter

2013-04-19 16:46:05,088 ERROR [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher]
(catalina-exec-20:null) Exception while executing CreateNetworkCmd:
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Can't design network Ntwk[-1|Guest|17]; guest CIDR is not configured per zone

Posted by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>.
Hi Anoop,

Posted by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Anoop Mohan <An...@microland.com>.