Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Martin Constantine <ma...@lecture123.com> on 2007/03/19 13:06:18 UTC

how to disable animations while processing

Batik 1.6 stable did not show animations when the document was loaded.
That is, after the document was loaded, it was displayed in the canvas
in its original state. The idea is that the user controls the showing
and stopping of the animations with a play/pause button. The reason for
this is that the animations have to be in sync with a recorded voice.
These animations are simply annotations that go along with someone
giving a presentation.

In a recent svn build (r518077) the animations show up when the document
is loaded onto the canvas. Is there a way to get the behavior of the 1.6
stable release? We don't want to see any animations until the user hits
the play button, but we do want to see the document prior to when the
animations were applied. I suppose this translates to: process the
document, but not the animations...or if you have to process the
animations, don't show 'em.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: how to disable animations while processing

Posted by Martin Constantine <ma...@lecture123.com>.
Excelllent! Since we manually handle the animations in our app (adapting
to the lack of support in older batik I guess) we have a play/pause
button in the app itself which controlls the process. Using the
pauseAnimation() right after the document loads, seemed to have done the
trick!! Thank you again!!

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Martin.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/

Re: how to disable animations while processing

Posted by Martin Constantine <ma...@lecture123.com>.