Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2006/11/30 15:24:01 UTC

C++: requesting commit caution for autoconf work.

I'll be comitting the autoconf/automake rework (thanks to Jim Meyering)
in a few hours. I'd like to request that until it's complete, nobody do
any commits that add/remove/rename files or modify the code generator in
a way that adds/removes/renames generated files.

Almost every file will be moved/renamed by this commit. Far as I can see
SVN totally sucks at this, it makes no effort to reconcile changes to
the old & new names. That means if you have a checkout now you will
probably have to do manual moving/renaming/merging to commit it after
this commit. (If anyone knows tricks to help with this SVN suckiness
please share them!)

If you have a large checkout and you have concerns about handling the
renaming then please IRC me at irc.freenode.net #qpid and we can figure
out the best course of action to minimize the pain.

Cheers,
Alan.