Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Panayotis Antonopoulos <an...@hotmail.com> on 2011/05/01 04:52:22 UTC

HFileOutputFormat: writing to multiple columns for each row (not multiple column families)

Hello,
I am trying to use HFileOutputFormat to write to many columns (of the same column family) for each row but I can't figure out how I will do that.
Can anyone give me some advice?

Thank you in advance!
Panagiotis.

RE: HFileOutputFormat: writing to multiple columns for each row (not multiple column families)

Posted by Panayotis Antonopoulos <an...@hotmail.com>.
It seems that I was not sorting the KeyValues properly as I was not using the KeyValueSortReducer that comes with HBase.