Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by La...@chase.com on 2000/09/19 17:12:25 UTC

Hiccups on HTML fragments

Hi,
I think the following code fragment should be transformable.  I've also tried
embedding it in the xsl:text with exactly the same results.

<SELECT size="6" name="ClientsLB" onChange="getSelClient()">
         <xsl:for-each select="SQLResults/row/col">
          <OPTION VALUE="
          <xsl:value-of select="ID/>",
          <xsl:value-of select="LASTNAME"/>
          </OPTION>
      </xsl:for-each>

</SELECT>

It fails on the first "<xsl:value-of".  The trigger for this is the < in front
of the HTML OPTION keyword.  Remove that and it goes merrily on.  I tried
changing it to <xsl:text disable-output-escaping=yes><OPTION VALUE="</xsl:text>.
It still fails.

Any light you could shed would be like a 10,000 watt searchlight on a moonless
night 500 miles from nowhere.

Thanks,
Larry Hunsucker