Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by JAX <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/06 21:01:51 UTC

Namespace logs : a common issue?

Hi guys : I'm noticing that namespace conflicts or differences are a common theme in hadoop both in my experience and now on this list Serv.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this is such a common issue and how it will be dealt with in new releases?

Jay Vyas
MMSB
UCHC

Re: Namespace logs : a common issue?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
If you are talking about the "Incompatible namespace ID" issues, then
look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-107 for a
discussion on the topic.

It is a common issue with newcomers as they end up "formatting" at the
first sight of trouble, or skip reading most of the tutorial that
otherwise helps get configurations right.

--
Harsh J