Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/16 09:52:11 UTC

HTML output layout from docs-site

I've just been looking at adding the required Security link to the
current website.

It's easy enough to copy project.xml to the docs-3.2 branch and
regenerate the site.
However the difference listings are huge.

This is because the HTML for the menu is all on a single huge line.
This has nearly 3500 characters.

I think this should be fixed for future releases, but I have no idea
how to do it.

Re: HTML output layout from docs-site

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 16.05.2017 um 11:52 schrieb sebb:
> I've just been looking at adding the required Security link to the
> current website.
>
> It's easy enough to copy project.xml to the docs-3.2 branch and
> regenerate the site.
> However the difference listings are huge.
>
> This is because the HTML for the menu is all on a single huge line.
> This has nearly 3500 characters.
>
> I think this should be fixed for future releases, but I have no idea
> how to do it.

I think there are two ways to address this.

First we could drop the attribute indent="no" (or change it to "yes") in
xsl:output.

Second, we could add a data-section containing a newline character in
the link template.

Both can be combined, or used separately. I would tend to use the first
method.

Felix