Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp> on 2002/02/20 03:45:13 UTC

The ant properties file was renamed in Excalibur's build.xml

build.xml was changed last night with the following diff under the
commit message: Fix unclosed resultset problems
---
RCS file: /home/cvs/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/build.xml,v
retrieving revision 1.102
retrieving revision 1.103
diff -r1.102 -r1.103
28c28
< <property file=".ant.properties"/>
---
> <property file="build.properties"/>
---

Was this intentional? If so please post this kind of change to the list.
It took a while to figure out why my build stopped working correctly. If
the properties file is going to have its name changed, it should also
probably be done on the other avalon projects as well.

Cheers,
Leif

Re: The ant properties file was renamed in Excalibur's build.xml

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Leif Mortenson wrote:
> build.xml was changed last night with the following diff under the
> commit message: Fix unclosed resultset problems

We should have both.  The last consensus on the matter in the Alexandria
list was to use "build.properties" instead of ".ant.properties" because
of confusion over hidden files (in UNIX land).

> ---
> RCS file: /home/cvs/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/build.xml,v
> retrieving revision 1.102
> retrieving revision 1.103
> diff -r1.102 -r1.103
> 28c28
> < <property file=".ant.properties"/>
> ---
>
>><property file="build.properties"/>
>>
> ---
>
> Was this intentional? If so please post this kind of change to the list.
> It took a while to figure out why my build stopped working correctly. If
> the properties file is going to have its name changed, it should also
> probably be done on the other avalon projects as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Leif

> .

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."