Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by James Ward <ja...@denveronline.net> on 2000/07/28 19:16:07 UTC

Context's not being removed...

Howdy Tomcat Coders!
Well, I have been working on this one for about 2 solid days...
The stress incurred has added grey hair and taken about 3 weeks off of my
life...  I searched the archives for this list and couldn't find much
that helped.
Anyways, I think there may be a problem with Tomcat 3.2 Beta 2 concerning
Contexts not being removed on a shutdown.
Here is a snippet of my server.xml

        <Host name="tomcat2.wantjava.com">
           <Context path=""
                    reloadable="true"
                    docBase="/home/htdocs/tomcat/www" />
        </Host>

        <Host name="tomcat3.wantjava.com">
           <Context path=""
                    reloadable="true"
                    docBase="/home/htdocs/tomcat2/www" />
        </Host>

I tell Apache to mount /servlet to the appropriate place.

Everything works wonderfully, except when I shutdown Tomcat I get:

ContextManager: Removing context Ctx( tomcat2.wantjava.com: )
ContextManager: Removing context Ctx(  )

So, it didn't remove the tomcat3.wantjava.com Context!  Thus my
destroy() methods for servlets running on that context are not called.
(I know this becuase my servlets dump stuff to the log files in the
destroy.)

Any Ideas?

Thanks for all your hard work.

-James