Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Kurz Wolfgang <wo...@gwvs.de> on 2009/05/11 13:43:00 UTC

javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: Item cannot be saved because it has beenmodified externally

Hello everyone,

Sometimes I am getting the following error when updating nodes in out repository:

javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: Item cannot be saved because it has been modified externally
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.getTransientStates(ItemImpl.java:246)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.save(ItemImpl.java:929)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:858)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.impl.ObjectContentManagerImpl.save(ObjectContentManagerImpl.java:1070)

When this error occurs I have to restart the repository because it blocks all nodes that have the same name.

We are using a clustered environment with 3 clusters. And we are using OCM to access the data.

My guess is that OCM with its same name siblings causes this problem.  But that's just my guess.

Anyone have an idea how I could solve this problem?

Is there a way to setup OCM to use unique node names?

Or maybe I am wrong and the error is something totally different.

If anyone has some hints for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thx a lot in advance!