Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Beau E. Cox" <be...@beaucox.com> on 2004/04/29 07:48:41 UTC

Re: Segfaults RESOLVED!!! WOW!!! HAPPYCAMPER!!! ;) ;)

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 06:51 pm, Gerald Richter wrote:
> Beau E. Cox wrote:
> > Gerald -
> >
> > Have you received my emails detailing my segfault problem?
>
> Yes, but I was out of office yesterday the whole and today I will also
> visit a customer for most of the day, so I guess I will not find time
> before tomorrow to look deeper into your problems. Sorry!
>
> Gerald
>
> P.S. It looks to me like there is some issuse with the loading of the
> module. Is there any difference in your httpd.conf concering module
>
> Could you please compare the output of httpd -V  and httpd -l of your two
> systems?

Gerald -

OK. LoadModules, etc. OK, but I did NOT have a 'use Embperl ;' in
my startup perl script (and no PerlRequire Embperl) in my production
configuration.

I looks like the system then delays the 'use Embperl' processing
until a request requiring Embperl comes in and then epinit is called
with structures long gone -> segfault.

Aloha => Beau;