Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@jboss.org> on 2003/09/02 23:30:09 UTC

Re: bug #21252

Dmitry Beransky wrote:

> I just moved the tomcat installation to c:\tomcat and that solved the
> problem.  I guess the invocation command was indeed getting too long.
> I'm fine for now, but the way I structure my dev projects, I'll be
> adding more paths in the future, so this problem may yet return.

Check if in conf/web.xml, you have fork set to false in the Jasper init
parameters. Not forking a new VM when compiling has disadvantages, but
it should fix issues related to command line length (because Ant ends up
generating a loooong command line). If you still get the error, then I
haven't seen it before, and I'd say either Ant or the compiler don't
like the spaces or long paths.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat

Tomcat as an in-process Servlet container?

Posted by Carlos Cajina - Hotmail <ce...@hotmail.com>.
Hi everyone.

    I've followed the steps in
http://www.greenfieldresearch.ca/technical/jk2_config.html for configuring
Apache and Tomcat to communicate using JNI. Everything works fine but
there's just one thing that I can't figure out: When using channelSocket as
the communication channel between the two is possible to use the
workers2.properties file to configure the host:port where Apache is supposed
to forward requests for non-static content so a call to some
http://host/webapp/index.jsp would be served transparently. Now, how do I do
the same mapping when using channelJni?

    Regards,

    Carlos