Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sambasivarao giddaluri <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/29 19:30:50 UTC

For Hierarchical data structure is Graph Query a good option ?

Hi ,

I have a data in hierarchical structure ex:

parent --> children --> grandchildren

Usecase:

Get parent docs by adding filter on children and grand children or Get
grand children docs by adding filters on parent and children

To accommodate this use case i have flattened the docs by adding a
reference (parent) in the children and similarly (parent and children) in
grandchildren doc. And used graph to query join the data using from/to
fields.

But this gets complicated as we add filter with AND and OR conditions.

Any other approach which can solve these kind of use cases .

Regards

sam

RE: For Hierarchical data structure is Graph Query a good option ?

Posted by em...@yeikel.com.
What about a graph database? It is the right tool for this kind of problem