Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com> on 2003/07/22 20:34:52 UTC

[Fwd: Call for Participation for ApacheCon US 2003]

Hi All,

Ken has sent out the Call for Participation for ApacheCon 2003.   This
is a great chance to get some exposure for your project and to meet
other ASF folks face to face.  The XML projects were *vastly*
under-represented last year, so I'm trying to get the word out.   Please
consider submitting a proposal for a presentation this year.   People
want to hear about the projects from the folks who wrote the code.

Ted

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
I'd be happy to do a presentation on Forrest.

Any otehr wants to partecipate?
What points should be addressed?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [Fwd: Call for Participation for ApacheCon US 2003]

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, Jul 22, 2003, at 20:34 Europe/Rome, Ted Leung wrote:

> Call for Participation: ApacheCon US 2003
> November 16-19, 2002, Las Vegas, Nevada, US
>
> [Please feel free to forward this notice far and wide!]
>
> SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, 25 August May 2003, 23:59 EDT
>
> Come share your knowledge of Apache software at this
> educational and fun-filled gathering of Apache users,
> vendors, and friends.
>
> Apache Software Foundation members are designing the
> technical program for ApacheCon US 2002 that will include
> over 40 sessions planned.
>
> We are particularly interested in session proposals
> covering:
>
> o Apache Web server topics (installation, compilation,
>  configuration, migration, ...)
> o All Apache Software Foundation projects (Jakarta,
>  mod_perl, Xerces, et cetera)
> o scripting languages and dynamic content
>  (Java, PHP, Perl, TCL, Python, XML, XSL, etc.)
> o Security and eCommerce
> o Performance tuning, load balancing, high availability
> o tips for writing Apache Web server modules
> o Technical and non-technical case studies
> o new Web-related technologies

Personally, I would love to see a "flow with continuation" session done
by Ovidiu and Chris.

Do you guys plan to submit a proposal for that?

--
Stefano.