Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Aman Raj <ra...@microsoft.com.INVALID> on 2022/11/21 12:12:09 UTC

Regarding upgrade of Tez to Hadoop 3.3.4

Hi team,

This is with reference to the pull request : https://github.com/apache/tez/pull/213
I am driving the hive-3.2.0 release in Open Source for which we have decided to upgrade to hadoop 3.3.4. But since Tez 0.10.2 is using hadoop-3.3.1 there can be some issues for this 3.2.0 stack. I know that we are currently discussing hadoop-3.3.5 release but it would take at least a couple of months to get a stable release candidate for the same which would also require a lot of testing.

This will be a blocker for the hive-3.2.0 release and since we have started to plan our tasks around this release, I was proposing to make a Tez release 0.12.1 where we can have this hadoop version upgraded to 3.3.4. This would ensure that we can start working on the 3.2.0 without any blockers.
Please share your thoughts on the same. I am open to discussing this release further.

Thanks,
Aman.