Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Oteng Michael Raesima <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/10 11:41:34 UTC

[users@httpd] how does the apache cycle treat POST request

hi

I would like to know how the POST request is treated by the Apache life
cycle. I think the cycle clearly demonstrates a GET request where by a
resource is located onn the web server or a redirection etc but i am not
lear how the POST or PUT is treated.

Thank you

OM Raesima

Re: [users@httpd] how does the apache cycle treat POST request

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Dec 10, 2007 5:41 AM, Oteng Michael Raesima <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> I would like to know how the POST request is treated by the Apache life
> cycle. I think the cycle clearly demonstrates a GET request where by a
> resource is located onn the web server or a redirection etc but i am not
> lear how the POST or PUT is treated.

To the core server, the only real difference between them is that POST
and PUT have a content body in the request, while GET does not. This
content body can be manipulated by input filters and read by handlers.
Other than that, the processing is quite similar.

Joshua.