Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sumev Kohli <su...@tatainfotech.com> on 2000/03/07 05:32:10 UTC

Request for Contribution

Hi,
      We are working on reverse of FOP i.e. convert PDF into XSL:FO, XML etc. Is some one already working on this ? I will appreciate all the related information and help in this regard.

Thanks
Sumev

Re: Request for Contribution

Posted by Sean Champ <sy...@email.msn.com>.
as salaem 'alekum.

maybe GhostScript would be of some help to you.  It has some support for
converting PDF documents into other formats.  I'm not sure if it has a PDF
to HTML, but I think I've seen utilities by that namesake, before.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.html
is the link for GhostScript.

It was originally designed for unix systems, I think, but it's available for
windows also.  by both ways, I think that it can be scripted from the
command-line.

--Sean

Posted by Geoff Hill <ge...@icc.net.au>.
PJ (http://www.etymon.com) will parse PDF files as far down as the individual PDF objects.  This wont help you with the text markups and other things within stream objects (which
unfortunately seems to be all the interesting stuff) but it might save you some coding.  It'll also compress and uncompress STREAM objects :-)