Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by buealb <al...@isencia.com> on 2007/11/29 09:53:29 UTC

Extending parent of the parent markup

Hi,

I have this situation:

View.html

<border>
..
   <child/>
..
</border>

TableView.html (extends of View)

<extend>
..
   <child/>
..
</extend>

MyTableView.html (extends of TableView)

<extend>
..
</extend>

In this case, MyTableView is extending by default the markup of TableView,
because I'm extending of TableView.
But in other cases, (MyTableView2) I would like to extend of TableView, but
I would like to extend the markup of the View directly. I don't want to use
the markup of the TableView, if is necessary I'll redefine the markup of the
TableView in my MyTableView2...

Do you understand me? Are there a solution for that?

Thanks

Re: Extending parent of the parent markup

Posted by buealb <al...@isencia.com>.
No, I cannot to extend AbstractTableView, because I have subclasses of
TableView as SearchView that contains additional functionality, and I need
to extend this SearchView.

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@isdc.ro>.
I still think that you should not extend TableView, but AbstractTableView.
So, you hierarchy would look like this:
View (with markup)
  |-- AbstractTableView
          | -- MyView (provides its markup)
          |-- TableView (with markup)
                   | -- SearchView

Alex.

Posted by buealb <al...@isencia.com>.
hi,

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@isdc.ro>.

Posted by buealb <al...@isencia.com>.

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@isdc.ro>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
if your subclass' markup doesnt start with wicket:extend tag it will
not extend but rather override the parent's markup entirely

-igor