Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Thomas McKiernan <MC...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/05/19 13:19:46 UTC

inactivity timeout

Hi guys,
Can anyone help me with a problem I am seeing with the InactivityTimeout?

The value is set to 60 minutes in my module.xml file but is being read and
left at -1000.
The -1000 comes from the default (-1) being multiplied by 1000 (as the
default measure=seconds).

Shortly after the default is read in we jump into
PropertyManager.loadPropertiesFromModuleDescPolicy.
This seems to setup a PolicyEngineData object (and initialize that with
the defaults) and puts this into the rmProcessorContextStack.

I never see this getting set with any other value.
This is because the InactivityTimeoutProcessor gets created but the
doInactivityTimeout never gets called - there do not seem to be any
references to this in Sandesha!

So does anyone know why this might be happening? Has anyone managed to
verify that the properties are loaded in from the module xml file, and
does anyone know where I would expect the
InactivityTimeoutProcessor.doActivityTimeout to get called?

Many thanks,
Tom
----------------------------------
Thomas McKiernan

WebSphere Messaging Development,
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Internal Phone: 248241
External Phone: +44 (0)1962 818241
Mobile: +44 (0)789 1737497
Email: MCKIERNA@uk.ibm.com

Mail Point 211, IBM, Hursley Park, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21
2JN

Caminante, no hay camino
Se hace camino al andar.
("Walker, there is no path; the path is made by walking.")  Antonio
Machado

Re: inactivity timeout

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

The 'doInactivityTimeout' method of the  InactivityTimeoutProcessor  and
other do* methods of various policy processors are invoked through
reflection. (this is the reason for  u not finding any usages). Please hv a
look at the RMPolicyProcessor.setUp() method where these methods are set to
various PolicyProcessors and RMPolicyProcessor.processPolicy() method where
they are invoked.

I did a check against a latest checkout and the inactivityTimeout values I
set was taken correctly. Please check the value you have entered in the
module.xml. If it is invalid Sandesha2 will go for the default minus value
which asks the sequences not to time out.

Chamikara

Re: inactivity timeout

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,