Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by gabriela montiel <ga...@oracle.com> on 2014/07/28 20:28:41 UTC

How to validate HBase configuration (for region servers) from HBase admin page?

Hi all,

We have set up an HBase cluster with 10 region nodes. We modified the
default configurations to handle bucket cache in the hbase-site.xml (for
all region servers) as follows:

   <property>
     <name>hbase.regionserver.handler.count</name>
     <value>40</value>
   </property>
   <property>
     <name>hbase.bucketcache.ioengine</name>
     <value>offheap</value>
   </property>
   <property>
<name>hbase.bucketcache.percentage.in.combinedcache</name>
     <value>0.8</value>
   </property>
   <property>
     <name>hbase.bucketcache.size</name>
     <value>40000</value>
   </property>

However, when we access the HBase configuration page on the HBase Web
admin, we are not able to see the updated configurations, even for the
ones not related to bucket cache:

Can you give us a hint on why the configurations are not seen in the
HBase configuration site, and how we can check out the HBase
configuration for all region servers?

Thanks,

Gaby

Re: How to validate HBase configuration (for region servers) from HBase admin page?

Posted by yao <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaby,

Did you restart your regionservers ? If not, HBase won't pick up the
up-to-date configuration.

Best
Shengzhe

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.