Posted to user@ant.apache.org by do...@mad.scientist.com on 2000/08/25 12:09:16 UTC

Re: can ant take advantage of multiple cpu's?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Jeroen Breedveld wrote:

> Is it possible to take advantage of multiple cpu's when you're compiling
> with ant on a solaris machine with 4 cpu's?
>
> If you use for example 4 ant task in one buildfile, will to those processes
> run in parallel?

Not with the base ant. I believe someone patched it to do
just that and sent diffs to list so you could search
archives to get it. However all in all it was not seen as a
good thing IIRC - at least not yet at this stage of Ants
development.

Cheers,

Pete

| Latrobe University,     | Does the name 'Pavlov' |
| Bundoora, Australia     |    ring a bell ?       |