Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2007/05/07 00:23:28 UTC

Re: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::OpenPGP (fwd)

Coming in a months late, after happening across the thread in the
archives and deciding I should be on the mailing list anyway.  See
response below

Giampaolo Tomassoni wrote:
> [...]

Yep, I wrote it so I could lower the score of emails with good
signatures.  I am using it myself now and for example these are the
rules I use:

score OPENPGP_SIGNED -1
# this will total to -3
score OPENPGP_SIGNED_GOOD -2
# this will total to 0
score OPENPGP_SIGNED_BAD 1

I'm also planning on using this plugin (along with the DKIM and SPF
plugins eventually) as authentication methods for a Konfidi plugin.
(Konfidi is a trust framework that computes inferred trust values from a
social network of authenticated people; see http://konfidi.org/).  The
goal is that if an email author can be identified (via SPF, DKIM or
PGP), then the Konfidi server is queried to see if the person is trusted
in your network, and the email can be given a low score.  In a sense,
its like having a distributed network by sharing your "whitelist_auth"s.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal