Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/08 19:17:07 UTC

VMBuild needs volunteers

We have a Continuum instance available for ASF projects to use:
http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/groupSummary.action

This is our (internal) public face, and it would be great to have more
volunteers keeping an eye on it!

It was down this morning, so I re-started it (at 11AM MST.)  I didn't
investigate why it was unhappy.

One thing we really need to do is upgrade it to the latest version.
I'm hesitant to take that on alone, but maybe someone else is braver
than I, or 2-3 people might collaborate to get it done and documented.

And there are 11 open issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10410&component=12311662&resolution=-1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

There is some documentation here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/vmbuild/Home
(This needs to be moved into svn to better conform with other infra
documentation, something that's been on my list for a while now...)

--
Wendy

Re: VMBuild needs volunteers

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Count me in if you need. I'll help you to restart it (I did it it so
any times on zones.a.o ;-) ). I hope the migration will help to
stabilize it.

Arnaud

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

>  On 10/03/2008, at 9:24 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:
>
>  > On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>  >> Hi,
>  >> If I can help I will (propably not a 24/7 support :-) ).
>  >
>  > None of us is, but if we spread it around, it works. :)
>  >
>  > Brett, what's the next step?  Can you add an account on vmbuild for
>  > Olivier, and add him to the Nagios list?  (Or can I?)
>
>  Both done. Olivier - I need your ssh2 public key.
>

>  >
>  >
>  >>> One thing we really need to do is upgrade it to the latest version.
>  >>> I'm hesitant to take that on alone, but maybe someone else is braver
>  >>> than I, or 2-3 people might collaborate to get it done and
>  >>> documented.
>  >>>
>  >> Sure won't be so easy (is all the build history important ?)
>  >
>  > Probably.  It will be a good test of the data migration tools!
>  >
>  >> Ok but where ? (something like
>  >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/vmbuild or
>  >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/vmbuild).
>  >> Using a site write with the maven format (apt xdoc) ?
>  >
>  > No, just plain text.  It might take special access to infra svn, too.
>  > I've still got this on my list for now.
>  >
>  > --
>  > Wendy
>
>  --
>  Brett Porter
>  brett@apache.org
>  http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Arnaud HERITIER
OCTO Technology - aheritier AT octo DOT com
www.octo.com | blog.octo.com
ASF - aheritier AT apache DOT org
www.apache.org | maven.apache.org

Re: VMBuild needs volunteers