Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Dutertry, Nicolas" <Ni...@HRACCESS.com> on 2006/10/25 10:25:22 UTC

psml preferences while using portlet-pipeline

Hi,

I've noticed that when I use the portlet pipeline to retrieve a portlet
entity of a psml, the preferences specified in the psml where ignored.
I looked into jetspeed code and I've found a way to correct this problem.
In the method build(RequestContext) of the class
org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PortletAggregatorImpl, I've replaced the
following lines :

	PortletAggregatorFragmentImpl fragment = new
PortletAggregatorFragmentImpl(entity);
	fragment.setType(Fragment.PORTLET);
	fragment.setName(name);

By :
	Fragment fragment = context.getPage().getFragmentById(entity);
	if(fragment == null) {
		fragment = new PortletAggregatorFragmentImpl(entity);
		fragment.setType(Fragment.PORTLET);
		fragment.setName(name);
	}

It seems to work fine.

Can someone integrate this correction or something similar or can you tell
me if it is wrong and why ?

Thanks.

--
Nicolas Dutertry

Re: psml preferences while using portlet-pipeline

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Dutertry, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that when I use the portlet pipeline to retrieve a portlet
> entity of a psml, the preferences specified in the psml where ignored.
> I looked into jetspeed code and I've found a way to correct this problem.
> In the method build(RequestContext) of the class
> org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PortletAggregatorImpl, I've replaced the
> following lines :
>
> 	PortletAggregatorFragmentImpl fragment = new
> PortletAggregatorFragmentImpl(entity);
> 	fragment.setType(Fragment.PORTLET);
> 	fragment.setName(name);
>
> By :
> 	Fragment fragment = context.getPage().getFragmentById(entity);
> 	if(fragment == null) {
> 		fragment = new PortletAggregatorFragmentImpl(entity);
> 		fragment.setType(Fragment.PORTLET);
> 		fragment.setName(name);
> 	}
>
> It seems to work fine.
>
> Can someone integrate this correction or something similar or can you tell
> me if it is wrong and why ?

That makes sense. The fragment created in the first case does not have
any PSML preferences, or any other information associated via the PSML.
Your patch is the better solution.
I checked it in, thanks!