Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net> on 2007/03/19 19:07:51 UTC

Re: Why I could not get the response properly?

Hello Erica,

since I have no idea what the server is supposed to respond,
I can't see a problem with what it is printing. If you can
access the server using a browser, I suggest that you follow
the instructions in the Client HTTP Programming Primer:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/ForAbsoluteBeginners

If you can't use a browser to access the server, you should
read that document anyway. It lists plenty of possible errors,
such as not establishing a session before posting, dropping
cookies that are required for the session, authentication,...

If none of that solves your problem, please send a detailed
description of the expected behavior vs. the actual behavior,
and a wire log of the headers:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

cheers,
  Roland