Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by John Skinner <jo...@appcore.com> on 2013/09/30 23:51:55 UTC

CS 4.1.1 XenServer sysvm iso

Hey List,

We are having an issue where system vms (routers, ssvm, console proxy) are failing to boot. This is with CS 4.1.1, and XenServer 6.1. The VM gets created, and the sysvm iso gets mounted to the VM, however, the VM fails to boot from the iso, it just sits there. You can unmount the iso, and mount for example a CentOS ISO and it boots just fine. Has anyone else ran into this, or have any ideas? Thanks!

Re: CS 4.1.1 XenServer sysvm iso

Posted by John Skinner <jo...@appcore.com>.
Ok so that was my problem. My system vm template was set to Debian 5.0 32bit per 4.1.1 upgrade instructions. However, I noticed that the template is actually Debian 6.0. Also, XenServer does not have Debian 5.0 as an option for VMs OS type. I manually changed the OS type for the template and all existing system VMs (ssvm, console proxy, and domain routers) to Debian 6 32bit and now they are booting and working as expected.

I noticed that for 4.2 this will be avoided as the instructions state to set to highest supported hypervisor release for Debian 32 bit.

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
Could be a corrupt or wrong version of system vm iso?

Regards,

Kirk Jantzer
http://about.me/kirkjantzer