Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2003/01/01 00:36:31 UTC

Re: [patch] enabling PerlPreConnectionHandler

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Any reason why PerlPreConnectionHandler is not enabled? The following
> patch enables it and adds support to the test suite.
>
> I currently chose to ignore 'void *csd' in the callback, since I'm not
> sure what can be done with it on the perl land.

i think that's the only reason it wasn't added yet, too lazy to change
the generation code to deal with handling that argument.  fine to ignore
it for now, +1 on your patch.

Re: [patch] enabling PerlPreConnectionHandler

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Any reason why PerlPreConnectionHandler is not enabled? The following
>>patch enables it and adds support to the test suite.
>>
>>I currently chose to ignore 'void *csd' in the callback, since I'm not
>>sure what can be done with it on the perl land.
>

> i think that's the only reason it wasn't added yet, too lazy to change
> the generation code to deal with handling that argument.  fine to ignore
> it for now, +1 on your patch.

committed. added a note to the STATUS file so we don't forget to handle
that arg in the future.

I'll add a few tests later. I think setting up filters and
datastructures in the connection record would be good tests.