Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/28 00:31:16 UTC

Reducer handing at 66%

I have a MR job running on approximately 150000 lines of data in a text
file. The reducer hangs at 66% and at that moment the cpu usage is at 100%.
After 600 seconds, it kills the job... What could be going wrong and where
should I look for the problem?

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student
University of California, Santa Cruz

Re: Reducer handing at 66%

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
66% is the start of the reduce function so its likely a endless loop there
burning the cpu cycles

"Amandeep Khurana" <am...@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:35a22e220903271631i25ff749bx5814348e66ff4d60@mail.gmail.com...

Re: Reducer handing at 66%

Posted by schubert zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.
It seems there is a endless loop in you reduce() function.You may do not
call values.next().