Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Florin P <fl...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/01 09:59:47 UTC

Possible issue when creating/deleting HBase table multiple times

Hello!
   I'm using HBase 0.90.1-cdh3u1-SNAPSHOT. Running the attached code(adapted after sujee at sujee.net), after a while
I was getting the below exception. The main scenario is like this:

1. if table does not exist, create it
2. populate the table with some data
3. flush the data
4. close the table
5. disable table
6. drop table
7. repeat steps 1-6 for several times. After a while you'll get the mentioned error.
  Please help.

Regards,
  Florin

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: use_case_drop
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.instantiateException(RemoteException.java:95)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.unwrapRemoteException(RemoteException.java:79)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.disableTableAsync(HBaseAdmin.java:531)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.disableTable(HBaseAdmin.java:550)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.disableTable(HBaseAdmin.java:538)
	at com.sample.hbase.HBaseDropCreate.main(HBaseDropCreate.java:80)

Re: Possible issue when creating/deleting HBase table multiple times

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Want to file an issue Florin?  Sounds like a bug that is easy enough
to replicate.
St.Ack

Posted by Florin P <fl...@yahoo.com>.
Hello!