Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by vipinsudhakar <su...@lntinfotech.com> on 2010/11/18 08:24:27 UTC

Derby database backup and restore

Dear Friends,

       I am currently having an older version of DB and in process of
improving DB performance by means of upgrading to newer version and increase
in page size.
       Does full upgrade provide the facility of increasing page size? If
not I have to take the back up of the derby db of older version and create a
new database with newer version along with increase in page size and just
import the data into my latest derby database version.

Re: Derby database backup and restore

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <da...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

vipinsudhakar <su...@lntinfotech.com> writes:

>        Does full upgrade provide the facility of increasing page size? If
> not I have to take the back up of the derby db of older version and create a
> new database with newer version along with increase in page size and just
> import the data into my latest derby database version.

Cf derby.storage.pageSize as described here:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.6/ref/rrefproper40688.html

"This value will be used for the lifetime of the newly created
conglomerates."

So upgrading won't change the pageSize. You could use a temporary table
and recreate the table to get the pageSize you want, or use
backup/restore, but you will have to recreate it.

Thanks,
Dag