Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/05/04 23:10:10 UTC

weird ognl problem

Okay, I'm getting some weirdness with ognl. I have a component with 2
parameters:

	@Parameter(defaultValue="true")
	public abstract boolean isShowMessages();

	@Parameter
	public abstract Block getPreContent();

In the template, if I do "ognl:preContent" I get a "no property"
exception and if I do "ognl:getPreContent()" I get a "no method"
exception. But if I do "ognl:showMessages" or "ognl:isShowMessages()"
those both work. Any ideas? Is tapestry not enhancing the class
correctly? I have T4.0 and ognl 2.6.7.

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: weird ognl problem

Posted by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com>.
Wow. That was actually it. Man, I need some sleep. Thanks tho.

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 16:25 -0500, Paul Cantrell wrote:
> Just a sanity check: Make sure that the OGNL is referring to the
> class you think it is, not some other class that just happens to have
> an isShowMessages() method.
>
> You could do this by renaming isShowMessages() to isShowMessagesFoobar
> (), and make sure that this causes a "no property" exception as
> expected for "ognl:showMessages".
>
> Another way to check would be to output "ognl:class.name" (not sure
> if that actually works...).

> On May 4, 2006, at 4:10 PM, Dan Adams wrote:
>
> > Okay, I'm getting some weirdness with ognl. I have a component with 2
> > parameters:
> >
> > 	@Parameter(defaultValue="true")
> > 	public abstract boolean isShowMessages();
> >
> > 	@Parameter
> > 	public abstract Block getPreContent();
> >
> > In the template, if I do "ognl:preContent" I get a "no property"
> > exception and if I do "ognl:getPreContent()" I get a "no method"
> > exception. But if I do "ognl:showMessages" or "ognl:isShowMessages()"
> > those both work. Any ideas? Is tapestry not enhancing the class
> > correctly? I have T4.0 and ognl 2.6.7.
> >
> > --
> > Dan Adams
> > Software Engineer