Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kyong Park <ky...@envieta.com> on 2010/07/04 17:41:28 UTC

src directories

I have to imagine this one's been asked many times before because I've
encountered this one for years over several projects/customers/problems (I
don't just specialize in one type of application development...)

There are a number of project source directories, the non-compiled kind,
that I interface through eclipse. These range from fairly standard
directories such as "src/main/webapp" and "src/main/scripts" to others used
by various plugins from XSDs to .proto files for generating sources. I don't
mind having to add these directories by editing the .classpath or via the UI
from time to time but naturally, each time the maven-eclipse-plugin is
called, the custom modifications are blown away. Ugh. So, is there a way to
explicitly control the list of [<classpathentry kind="src"...] declarations,
both in terms of content and order, via the maven-eclipse-plugin
declaration?

If not, why not???

Re: src directories

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
XSD isn't another source dir, it's "resource" type. Dids you use
add-resource instead of add-source?

Cheers

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: src directories

Posted by Kyong Park <ky...@envieta.com>.

Re: src directories

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
*Hi,*

By default, Maven only supports one source directory, since this is the most
typical case.
But it's actually possible to have more than one source folder (for example,
we use it on a partly cc'ed generated sources).

Have a look at the maven-build-helper-plugin :
http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html.

*Cheers*

2010/7/4 Kyong Park <ky...@envieta.com>

> I have to imagine this one's been asked many times before because I've
> encountered this one for years over several projects/customers/problems (I
> don't just specialize in one type of application development...)
>
> There are a number of project source directories, the non-compiled kind,
> that I interface through eclipse. These range from fairly standard
> directories such as "src/main/webapp" and "src/main/scripts" to others used
> by various plugins from XSDs to .proto files for generating sources. I
> don't
> mind having to add these directories by editing the .classpath or via the
> UI
> from time to time but naturally, each time the maven-eclipse-plugin is
> called, the custom modifications are blown away. Ugh. So, is there a way to
> explicitly control the list of [<classpathentry kind="src"...]
> declarations,
> both in terms of content and order, via the maven-eclipse-plugin
> declaration?
>
> If not, why not???

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !