Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Axel Stahlhut <as...@neusta.de> on 2002/11/08 16:39:53 UTC

Upload-Example problem, IllegalArgumentException

Hi.

I want to work with file uploads into DB or into the filesystem. After
installing the struts-upload-example, I tested it. If there is a file
selected in the form or there is some dummy-text in the hml:file - tag (no
path to an existant file), everything works fine.
If I submit the form without anything or just blanks in the hml:file - tag,
I'm getting an java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setSimpleProperty(PropertyUtils.j
ava:1650)

What do I have to do to avoid this? In the application, i can not
force the user to fill this form, because it is just an optional element of
a much bigger form.
Any help is appreciated.
Axel