Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dan Scarborough <da...@db.com> on 2009/06/10 17:20:52 UTC

Adding user defined functions

Hello,
I have an Excel addin that contains a few functions written in C. In addition,
I have the equivalent set of functions written in Java.
How can I "register" the equivalent functions so that they get recognised by
the FormulaEvaluator in hssf?

(I have read the "Eval Dev Guide", but I suspect I may have to add entires to
the functionMetadata.txt file)

Many thanks,
Dan
   Dan Scarborough
   Research IT
   Deutsche Bank
   +44 (0)20 754 55914

---

notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional
EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Re: Adding user defined functions

Posted by Dan Scarborough <da...@db.com>.

Dave,
Many thanks for the quick response.

The timeline for this part is probably a few weeks.

Do you know if anyone has done any work on this? I'd be happy to get involved.

Regards,
Dan
   Dan Scarborough
   Research IT
   Deutsche Bank
   +44 (0)20 754 55914

             Dave Fisher
             <dave@jmlafferty.c
             om>                                                           To
                                        "POI Users List"
             10/06/2009 16:51           <us...@poi.apache.org>
                                                                           cc

             Please respond to                                        Subject
              "POI Users List"          Re: Adding user defined functions
             <user@poi.apache.o
                    rg>

Hi,

This functionality is not yet in POI - it has been requested with some
frequency. Please join the dev list. We would certainly discuss how to
add a registration api to HSSF/XSSF for UDFs. Contributions are welcome.

What is the timeline for your project?

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@jmlafferty.com>.