Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/02 09:27:31 UTC

[Maven reorg] Naming of log modules (WAS: Re: [Engine-2.0] Delete allo log classes?)

I changed the subject for clarity.

2010/7/1 "Marinó A. Jónsson" <ma...@centrum.is>:
> Just noticed you're going ahead with the change from velocity-log-{lib} to
> velocity-engine-{lib} - I believe, seeing as the uberjar will be packaged
> for ant users, that the original naming of velocity-log-{lib} actually makes
> more sense to us maven users :)

At this point I don't know: velocity-log-{lib} implies the existence
of "velocity-log" module.
Either we create such a module, containing LogChute and simple
implementations, or stick with velocity-engine-{lib}.

Thoughts?

Antonio

Re: [Maven reorg] Naming of log modules (WAS: Re: [Engine-2.0] Delete allo log classes?)

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Antonio Petrelli
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I changed the subject for clarity.
>
> 2010/7/1 "Marinó A. Jónsson" <ma...@centrum.is>:
>> Just noticed you're going ahead with the change from velocity-log-{lib} to
>> velocity-engine-{lib} - I believe, seeing as the uberjar will be packaged
>> for ant users, that the original naming of velocity-log-{lib} actually makes
>> more sense to us maven users :)
>
> At this point I don't know: velocity-log-{lib} implies the existence
> of "velocity-log" module.
> Either we create such a module, containing LogChute and simple
> implementations, or stick with velocity-engine-{lib}.
>
> Thoughts?

mere name concerns seems a poor reason to make another separate module