Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/07 17:49:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release Wink 1.2.1-incubating (RC1)

Please review and vote on RC1 of the Wink 1.2.1-incubating release. This is
a minor release which mainly address compilation issues with some
implementations of JDK 7.0 compilers (See WINK-363).

The distribution artifacts, RAT reports, and Maven staging repository
are available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~lresende/wink/wink-1.2.1-incubating-RC1/

The release tag is at:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.2.1-incubating-RC1/

Staging maven repository is available at:
https://repository.apache.org/index.html#stagingRepositories

Thanks

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.2.1-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Michael Fiedler <fi...@gmail.com>.
+1

I know I don't have a real vote, but wanted to report I tested using the
artifacts below and have verified the failing scenario [1] with Java 7.0
and array providers is now fixed.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-363

Regards,
Mike

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please review and vote on RC1 of the Wink 1.2.1-incubating release. This is
> a minor release which mainly address compilation issues with some
> implementations of JDK 7.0 compilers (See WINK-363).
>
> The distribution artifacts, RAT reports, and Maven staging repository
> are available for review at:
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende/wink/wink-1.2.1-incubating-RC1/
>
> The release tag is at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.2.1-incubating-RC1/
>
> Staging maven repository is available at:
> https://repository.apache.org/index.html#stagingRepositories
>

> Thanks

 Off course, my +1.

--
Luciano Resende

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Thanks,
Raymond

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Wink 1.2.1-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please review and vote on RC1 of the Wink 1.2.1-incubating release. This is
> a minor release which mainly address compilation issues with some
> implementations of JDK 7.0 compilers (See WINK-363).
>
> The distribution artifacts, RAT reports, and Maven staging repository
> are available for review at:
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende/wink/wink-1.2.1-incubating-RC1/
>
> The release tag is at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.2.1-incubating-RC1/
>
> Staging maven repository is available at:
> https://repository.apache.org/index.html#stagingRepositories
>

> Thanks

Vote passed with 3 binding +1 from : Raymond Feng (IPMC), Kevan Miller
(Mentor/IPMC),Luciano Resende (IPMC) and a non-binding +1 from Michael
Fiedler

--
Luciano Resende

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 15, 2012, at 6:03 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Aug 15, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

>>> Thanks Michael, I have started looking into them last night, and
>> hopefully
>>> will finish today and get a new release candidate tonight or tomorrow.
>>
>> I'd just started looking at the patch. Went ahead and committed. Thanks
>> Michael!
>>
>> Apologies for being away for a while. With the changes committed, I'm ok
>> with a release. +1
>>
>> --kevan
>

> Can we continue with the current release candidate as we have the fix in
> trunk, or are you expecting a new RC with this issue corrected ?

My +1 applies to this vote.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.2.1-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Fiedler <fi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This seems like the same type of issue as the Bloodhound release vote
> just had on general@ and there it was decided that these types of
> issues could now be ok as long as they were going to be fixed in the
> next release - http://apache.markmail.org/message/jpnphd5w57eajdgw
>
>    ...ant

Thanks Ant.

If Kevan has a strong opinion on fixing the issue, I can spend sometime
over the weekend around fixing the issue. Otherwise, if he reverts his -1
we could continue with the release of 1.2.1 and we could fix this on the
next release.

--
Luciano Resende

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.