Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by frank owen <fr...@live.co.uk> on 2014/06/03 18:51:19 UTC

new version

I downloaded the newer version of Open office. I now have a program on my computer called Speeddial..  I have tried to remove it but they have made it so complicated i will have to pay someone else to do this. Why do you do these things. What is the point of it.

Frank

Re: new version

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 17:51:19 +0100
frank owen <fr...@live.co.uk> wrote:

> I downloaded the newer version of Open office. I now have a program on my computer called Speeddial..  I have tried to remove it but they have made it so complicated i will have to pay someone else to do this. Why do you do these things. What is the point of it.
>
> Frank

Regrettably, you have downloaded from an unauthorised source; such sources often add search bars, Trojans, advertising pop ups and other nasties. Because of the Open Source nature of OpenOffice this cannot be prevented. We only recommend downloading from
www.openoffice.org/download
which will redirect you to SourceForge servers where the Trojan-free etc files are stored.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: new version

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
If you have enough hard disk storage, keeping OpenOffice is easier.
You can pay somebody else, if he is responsible.
It is possible that you need better antivirus or anti-malware tools.

Re: new version

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.