Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/20 21:41:30 UTC

[VOTE] [THIRD ATTEMPT] publish openjpa 0.9.7-incubating release

OpenJPA People-

In accordance with the Incubating Releases guidelines at
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
, I've taken another shot at making a release and start a vote on publishing
a "0.9.7-incubating" release of OpenJPA.

The release candidate is at:
http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-binary.zip<http://people.apache.org/%7Emikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-binary.zip>

The GPG signature and MD5 checksums are at:
http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-binary.zip.asc<http://people.apache.org/%7Emikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-binary.zip.asc>
http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-binary.zip.md5<http://people.apache.org/%7Emikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-binary.zip.md5>

The sources, sources GPG signature and sources MD5 checksum are available
at:  http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-source.zip
<http://people.apache.org/%7Emikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-source.zip>
http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-source.zip.asc
<http://people.apache.org/%7Emikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-source.zip.asc>
http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-source.zip.md5
<http://people.apache.org/%7Emikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-source.zip.md5>

A branch for this release candidate has been created at :
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openjpa/branches/0.9.7-incubating-RC2

The release has been published to a staging repository on people.apache.org.
The staging repository may be used in a maven 2 build file by adding the
following information :
    . . .
    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>staging-repository</id>
            <name>mikedd's staging repository</name>
            <url>

http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository<http://people.apache.org/%7Emikedd/staging-repository>
            </url>
        </repository>
        . . .
     </repositories>
    . . .

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.openjpa</groupId>
            <artifactId>openjpa-all</artifactId>
            <version>0.9.7-incubating</version>
        </dependency>
        . . .
    </dependencies>

Known issues :
There are a few .rsrc files included in the release which do not contain
licensing information. The issue has been discussed in several threads on
the open-jpa-dev mailing list (links follow). To summarize :
orm-xsd.rsrc and persistence-xsd.rsrc are copies of the official JPA schemas
under CDDL that are properly attributed in LICENSE.txt
java-keywords.rsrc does not contain IP
schemas-doctype.rsrc does contain IP however the parser for this file does
not support comments.

These issues will be addressed in a future release.
For more information please see the discussion on the mailing list (roughly)
starting here
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=10022158&framed=y

Please vote to publish this incubating release on the project Web page:

   http://cwiki.apache.org/openjpa/downloads.html

This vote will remain open until 14:40 CST on Tuesday April 24th.
A "+1" indicates that you approve of the release, a "-1" indicates a
vote against making a release

--
-Michael Dick

Re: [VOTE] [THIRD ATTEMPT] publish openjpa 0.9.7-incubating release

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@bea.com>.
+1

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] [THIRD ATTEMPT] publish openjpa 0.9.7-incubating release

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
For those who aren't subscribed to general@incubator.apache.org here's a
link to the vote thread :

http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--approve-release-of-OpenJPA-0.9.7-tf3640937.html

--
-Michael Dick

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] [THIRD ATTEMPT] publish openjpa 0.9.7-incubating release

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1 to release