Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Neville Li <ne...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/17 20:36:50 UTC

Scio 0.5.0-alpha1 is out

Hi all,

We just released Scio 0.5.0-alpha1. This release includes a typed BigQuery
performance improvement by bypassing intermediate TableRow JSONs. It has
shown a 2x speed up in some of our benchmarks.

Cheers,
Neville

https://github.com/spotify/scio/releases/tag/v0.5.0-alpha1

*"Ia Io"*
Breaking changes

   - BigQueryIO in JobTest#output now requires a type parameter. Explicit
   .map(T.toTableRow) of test data is no longer needed.
   - Package com.spotify.scio.extra.transforms is moved from scio-extra to
   scio-core, under com.spotify.scio.transforms.

See this section
<https://github.com/spotify/scio/wiki/Apache-Beam#breaking-changes-since-scio-050>
for
more details.
Features

   - Support reading BigQuery as Avro #964
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/issues/964>, #992
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/992>
   - Add TFRecordSpec support for Featran #1002
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/1002>
   - Add AsyncLookupDoFn #1012 <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/1012>

Bug fixes

   - Fix SCollectionMatchers serialization #1001
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/1001>
   - Check runner version #1008
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/issues/1008> #1009
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/1009>