Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gernot Koller <ge...@gmx.at> on 2004/02/11 20:08:46 UTC

packaging empty directorys into war file

Hi!

I'm rather new to maven so hopefully it is a newbie question ;-)

I'm packaging war files using the maven war plugin.
The problem is that empty directorys (containing only .cvsignore) files
won't show up in the exported war file.

I had the same problem while packaging the war files using ant and solved it
with following target:

<target name="warfile">
  <defaultexcludes remove="**/.cvsignore"/>
  <defaultexcludes add="**/*.jardesc"/>
  <defaultexcludes add="**/*.log"/>
  <war destfile="${warfile}" webxml="../${webproject}/Web
Content/WEB-INF/web.xml">
    <fileset dir="../${webproject}/Web Content/"/>
  </war>
</target>

I also do not want to include any *.log files and any *.jardesc files as
handled above.

I studied the war plugin doku and searched the mailing list, but still have
no idea how to achieve this behaviour...

Any help would be appreciated!

thx,

Gernot Koller